Steps for creating plugin

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:42 PM
I have downloaded the zipfile with the plug-ins that belong to a specific version of MW5.
Can one explain me in short steps how to create my own plugin within all those stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Vojo
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Mar 15, 2016 at 3:21 PM
This is my first plugin. Yes I follow steps from that page and zip file for right version, repair all references for all those projects in solution and try to set all for MW5.Identifier.
Build with about 2200 errors and message for example:

Severity Code Description Project File Suppression State
Error CS0012 The type 'MultiColumnTreeView' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=13.4450.0.53, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'. MW5.Identifier H:\dev\Plugins\MW5.Identifier\Controls\IdentifierTreeView.cs Active

How to go on?

Regards, Vojo
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Did you also installed the Syncfusion controls?
With MapWindow 5 we use SyncFusion's Essential Studio. They have a community license you can use. Claim your free license here.

I'll update the documentation page as well.
Mar 17, 2016 at 6:17 PM
Yes, I forgot to install Syncfusion controls here in demo plugins package. I did install them in MW5 app though.
Could you please describe in short how to include my new or a modification of "MW5.Identifier" plugins from this demo plugins package into MW5 app.

Thanks, Vojko
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2016 at 7:38 PM
You cannot mix the MW5 and MWDemo plug-ins.
At the documentation page you can download the appropriate zip-file which also contains the Identifier plug-in.
Mar 22, 2016 at 7:10 PM
Could someone please describe in short how to set up my new plugin for MW5. Must I place this plugin project inside MW5 app or else where?
How to use demo plugins template package? I still not succed to build this demo package:

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'Mvp' does not exist in the namespace 'MW5.Plugins' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
MW5.DebugWindow H:\dev\Plugins\MW5.DebugWindow\CompositionRoot.cs Active

Thanks, Vojko
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2016 at 7:32 AM
It doesn't matter where you have the code as long as your binary is saved in <your mw5 location>\plugins\

You're still mentioning demo. It is best to leave the demo application, it is out-dated and move to MapWindow5.