Layer Transparency

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:27 AM
Hello. I discovered MapWindow recently and am very impressed with its professional look and operation. Well done MapWindow team!

QUESTION: How can I change the transparency of a layer? I ran across a transparency setting a few hours ago and can't seem to find it again.

I'm an electrical engineer at the rewarding stages of a 25-year career and can see some very powerful applications for MapWindow. Though I only recently began studying C#, I'm proficient in several other languages and would like to make time to contribute if at all possible.

In the meantime, I'm learning MapWindow5 and have some basic questions. In the interest of organizing the answers, I've put them in separate posts.

Thanks again for a really fine OpenSource product.

-Leland
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2016 at 6:53 AM
Hi Leland,

The transparency is set using the 'Appearance' tab in the properties window of the vector layer.
Right click on the layer, go to Properties.

What you already have categories you need to recreate them if you change the general appearances.

Regards,

Paul
Apr 4, 2016 at 6:21 PM
Thank you, Paul. I wasn't reading the labels carefully enough and didn't realize that there was a subproperties dialogue accessed by clicking the appearance preview object.

-Leland

Marked as answer by pmeems on 4/17/2016 at 3:26 AM